The Vendor Compliance Inspector will verify vendor compliance of inbound receipts with standards established by the Vendor Relations department and documented in the Burlington Vendor Manual. Incidents of non-compliance will be documented, and appropriate fees assessed to the vendor in cooperation with the Vendor Relations department. This role will be required to comply with the policies and procedures as defined in the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). The Vendor Compliance Inspector will work to ensure timely inspection of product to facilitate systemic receiving and movement through the Distribution Center and shipment to stores. This position requires the Inspector to work closely with and support teams within the Supply Chain.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform sample inspections of inbound freight to verify compliance and identify areas of non-compliance based on the requirements documented in the Burlington Vendor Manual, including physical handling and movement of cartons and product and cross-referencing receipts against provided information. Results of the inspection will be recorded and supported by images in the Traverse system for use in communicating vendor violations and assessing chargeback fees. Inspection results will determine downstream processes required by operations needed to ready product for DC handling and store distribution.
- Utilize Warehouse Management System (WMS), Traverse, and database systems to perform compliance inspections identifying and documenting vendor violations.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure inspection coverage.
- Ensure timely flow of receipts and audit completion.
- Contribute as a cross-functional team member with departments across multiple shifts in multiple buildings by completing various tasks in support of the business needs and objectives within the Vendor Compliance Department as needed.
- Other duties as requested, directed or assigned, may include, but are not limited to damage sorting and processing, re-ticketing, re-packaging, case labeling, trash removal, carton handling, etc.
- Ensure safe and clean work area through adherence to strict safety standards and following established policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications:
- Fluent in English – Verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proven problem-solving abilities and analytical skills
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Ability to add subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Ability to remain flexible to shifting priorities.
- Ability to compose professional email communications.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- General distribution center/warehouse knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with RF Scanners is a plus.
- Proven track record of excellent attendance and punctuality to work is a must.
- Ability to be mobile for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand/walk and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb, balance, bend, lift, kneel, squat, and reach repeatedly.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move cartons up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a non-temperature-controlled environment (hot in the summer, cold in the winter)
- Ability to withstand frequent exposure to dust, high levels of noise and moving machinery.
- Ability to transpose numbers and information with accuracy.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.